- Minimum whole of life cost.
- Minimum time on site, & minimum traffic disruption.
- Better traffic security and reduced barrier maintenance.
- More economical and environmentally friendly component installation.
- Clear and realistic design assumptions.
- A single source of responsibility for a wide range of associated services provides protection and convenience for the client.
- DalSYS bridges are designed for full compliance with AS5100, and provide a 100year design life with minimal maintenance.
- DalSYS deck beams may be reinforced or post-tensioned. Reinforced beams are pre-cambered, but, depending of the degree of prestress, this may not be necessary for post-tensioned beams. Longer spans may utilise match-cast segmental construction to overcome transport or access difficulties. This is facilitated by the modular mould construction, which also allows simple transportation of moulds if pre-casting at site is an attractive alternative.
- DalSYS decks typically employ a nominal transverse prestress provided via coupled transverse stress-bars which clamp a 50 diameter elastomeric shear key between recesses in adjacent beam edges, thus allowing immediate application of prestress, providing load transfer via shear between beams, and also acting as a backing rod for the application of a cold applied longitudinal joint sealant. Fully continuous post-tensioned transverse ribs at 2000 centre are also an available option.
- Regardless of their span, all DalSYS beams are 500 deep over their supporting DalSYS headstocks. This allows a constant beam headstock detail, and a constant headstock-column detail.
- The beam-headstock detail utilises 2 grouted dowels per beam end passing through the elastomeric bearing strip and a prefabricated resin cross-fall packer that allows the headstock to remain horizontal while accommodating cross-fall variations.
- The headstock-column detail provides full continuity, thus reducing the reliance on resistance from lateral passive earth pressure for resistance to transverse load.
- DalSYS beams may be installed without the use of large cranes, using an installation system which involves skidding beams longitudinally and then transversely into their final locations, without vertical movements.
- DalSYS Twin T Deck Edge Beams (2100 wide) may be augmented with DalSYS Single T Deck Beams (700 wide) to achieve required deck widths, extended spans, or to add capacity at highly loaded deck edges.
- DalSYS Single T Deck Beams, with fully post-tensioned transverse ribs, may also be used for railway bridges.
- A licensing fee, calculated on a rate per tonne of DalSYS components manufactured, is paid by the licensee to the licensor, which covers the following:
- Past and continuing development of the system.
- Provision of details for mould manufacture with the loan of sample moulds as available.
- Arrangement to permit the rental of launching beams as available.
- Provision of concept designs, schedules of quantities and construction programs for tender purposes.
- Attendance at pre-tender meetings and site inspections, either with or on behalf of tenderers utilising the system.
- Provision of relevant DalSYS component details with reo schedules.
- Provision of relevant details for connections and ancillaries.
- Site and/or casting yard inspections at the licensor’s discretion as a quality control measure.
- Site and/or casting yard visits, or email responses, as appropriate, to DalSYS related queries from the licensee.